(Click on the photo above for more pictures.)
CONTRIBUTED BY JULIA
Chances are that you’ve been to Monakids Jungle at least a half a dozen times if you have young children and you’ve been on the island a while. However if you’re still trying to get your bearings on this island then this post is for you!
Monakids Jungle is an indoor playground complete with a rollerslide, zip line, ball pits, and plenty of tunnels to climb through. There is also a smaller play structure for the really little kids. Your monkeys should be quite pooped after they’re done with this place. Nothing like a drive home with two sleepy monsters and a stop at the coffee shop to make me happy!
If you’re planning on throwing a party they also have a party room that you can rent that has kid-size tables and chairs.
Don’t forget yen for food and drinks (no outside food is allowed) and socks when you visit.
ADMISSION for three hours of play:
- 18 mos-35 mos: 500 yen (Under 18 months free only with admission of older child)
- 3 yrs-12 yrs: 700 yen for weekdays, 800 yen for Saturdays, 900 yen for Sundays and Holidays
- Guardian:100 yen
- Admission on weekdays covers 3 hours of play while weekend admission covers 2 hours of play.
PHONE NUMBER: 098-875-3665.
HOURS: 1000-1900, closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
DIRECTIONS FROM FOSTER:
- Take a LEFT from the Camp Foster Commissary Gate to head South on Hwy 58.
- Pass MCAS Futenma and stay in the middle or right lane to go over the overpass.
- After you pass KFC and Makeman (big orange and white monkey sign), both on your right side, make sure to be in the right lane.
- You will see a San-A (yellow sign with three red triangles) on your right.
- Get into the next right-hand turn lane and make a U-turn. NOTE: If your car is large you can turn RIGHT at the next light instead (the same one for Camp Kinser) and loop back around to head North on 58.
- Drive slowly and look out for a yellow sign with a blue monster on your left side.
- Turn LEFT into the parking lot for Monakids just before this sign.