Okinawa Hai fallback

Do you know?

My husband is getting his orders soon and we already know that they will be to Torii Station. He has heard that he will most likely be deployed for 3 to 5 months at a time and I am a Flight Attendant in the States, with that I am going to stay in the States.  I can get from 2 weeks to 2 months off at a time, so I am going to come out for visits when he isn’t deployed.  I am planning on coming for a long visit in March and have an infant.  I am wondering if there are extended stay hotels, or housing to rent by the month, or does anyone know someone who would let me rent out their house for a month to 2 months while I am there with my husband?  Off post or on post, either or, I would like info if you know anything.  Do you know of other families that are there part time, if so what do they do?  This is all new to us, we have been in the States for the 2 years we have been married and it’s easy here but overseas will be hard.


  1. Ok, so I love this site, but am utterly confused in regards to TLF. Can someone pleez help!? My husband and I and our three children will be arriving in Okinawa on Aug 28, 2009. I don’t understand how long we are allowed to stay in TLF that the military will pay for. Also, the USMC website says that if you do not have the money to pay for the bill, receipts can be submitted instead of the paid bill. What does that mean?

  2. There are places that rent month to month, you need to ask the housing agencies for Civilian housing, since you will not be going under your husband for housing. He can cosign so the costs are lower for move it. I am in a similar situation, mine is here unnaccompanied, and I am here on an extended stay (6 months so far!) Its working out great. I highly advise to do as much research as you can, it helps. I went through Central Housing and they were a Big help. I worked with Rina, she’s great. I hope this helps, you can also email me if you have any other questions