It was already a hot day today but I’m sure it will only get worse as summer approaches. One good thing about that is that there will be plenty of opportunities to head to Comprehensive Water Park. With three water slides, two kiddie pools, and a lazy river it’s a great place to stay cool. Click the photo above for more pictures of the park.
There are 3 break times during which everyone has to get out of the water. The first one is from 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM with the other breaks at 2:30 PM and 4:30 PM for 15 minutes each. So if you have an impatient toddler who won’t be able to wait to get into the water don’t show up at 11:50!
If you get hungry or just want a quick break there is a snack bar conveniently located on the second floor of the entry building. They have the typical items like soba, curry rice, and ices.
You can also pack your own food and eat it in either of two designated areas….a shaded area with benches by the locker rooms or on the second floor.
They have a bunch of rules…too many for me to write up but here’s a pic if you have great vision! Also they will not let you down the water slides with jewelry so it’s better to leave the valuables at home or risk losing them!
Tickets for the water park are 840 yen for adults (19 years old & up), 310 yen for students (7-18 years old), and 100 yen for children (3-6 years old). Children that are 2 and under are free.
Hours for May, June, and September are from 9:30 AM-5:45 PM on weekends & Japanese Holidays. Weekdays they are closed.
Hours for July and August are from 9:30 AM-6:15 PM daily except on Tuesdays when they are closed.
Don’t forget to bring yen and a floatie if you have kids!
Okinawa Comprehensive Athletic Park
Address: 5 Chome-6-1 Hiyagon, Okinawa-shi, Okinawa-ken 904-2173, Japan
GPS Coordinates: 26.3074095168, 127.827252746
Directions from Foster:
- Take the Legion Gate Exit (exit by Taco Bell and the Shopette) and head straight out onto 81
- Continue on 81 as it turns into 227
- Pass the Red Torii Gate on your left side
- Take a LEFT after the 3rd overpass into the parking lot
- Park here and take the pathway that would be the first left after your initial turn into the parking lot. Head up the hill and pass the large building off to your right. Keep going straight until you see a little white guardhouse and then follow the path as it curves to the right and heads downhill. The water park is on your left.
Directions from Kadena:
- From Gate 2 head straight through the Goya four-corners intersection onto route 20.
- Continue on this road past the intersection for 329 and then a KFC on your right side.
- Within 1 or 2 traffic signals after KFC there will be a large intersection with a San A and a Mos Burger on the left side. Turn RIGHT at this intersection and continue going straight on this road as it turns into 227.
- When you pass another San A on your right side look out for some overpasses up ahead.
- Take a LEFT just before the overpass (there will be a P sign here) to cross over the road and get to the parking lot.
- Park here and head back up the road you just came on passing a large building off to your right. Keep going straight until you see a little white guardhouse and then follow the path as it curves to the right and heads downhill. The water park is on your left.
For more on the non-water part of Comprehensive Park, check out Kelly’s post.